Access Hospital Dayton offers high-quality, person-centered mental health services as well specialized dual diagnosis services for our patients with co-occurring substance use disorders. Our treatment team staff are trained and legally qualified to provide a full range of mental health services to individual clients and their families. We are certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health (ODMH) and accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC) to provide the following services:
Our multiple bed Mental Health unit is exclusively dedicated to inpatient psychiatric treatment. Common psychiatric disorders that we treat include:
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Our Mental Health unit is currently accepting admissions for adults aged 18 years or older, including older adults who require inpatient evaluation for memory loss, sudden changes in behavior, and/or depression.
Our multiple bed Dual Diagnosis unit that offers specialized services for individuals with both psychiatric and addiction treatment needs. Medically assisted detox and rehabilitation can be provided for the following substance abuse disorders:
- Opioids/Opiates (Heroin, Vicodin, Oxycontin, Oxycodone)
- Stimulants (Cocaine, Crystal Meth, Bath Salts)
- Designer Drugs
Our Dual Diagnosis unit is currently accepting admissions for adults aged 18 years or older for detox and/or inpatient evaluation.
In 2015, we will be opening a new unit that offers specialized services for individuals with co-occurring intellectual or developmental disabilities and a mental illness. In the interim, our Mental Health unit is currently accepting admissions for patients with such needs.
Based on your needs and preferences, your Mental Health or Dual Diagnosis treatment team will utilize a variety of treatment tools, including:
- Medications: Medications will be used to stabilize your condition in the hospital and upon your return home.
- Education Classes: Education Classes will focus on the effective use of medications, nutrition, health problems, addictions, daily life problems, and personal growth.
- Individual Therapy: Individualized psychotherapy sessions focus on resolution of personal and interpersonal problems that are related to your mental health or substance abuse challenges.
- Group Therapy: Group psychotherapy focuses on the development of coping skills that will support your recovery both short- and long-term.
- Therapeutic Activities: Therapeutic activities focus on establishing independent life skills and identifying creative outlets. We recognize your mental and physical health impact each other and are equally important to your recovery. Primary care specialists will evaluate your needs and work closely with your treatment team to support your physical health.
As a freestanding psychiatric and substance abuse facility, we do not perform surgeries, conduct electroconvulsive therapy, or provide emergency medical care. We require medically complex patients to be cleared prior to admission to ensure we have the appropriate care capacity.